Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fall Flies By

Daniel (my soon to be 11 year old) told me that I've been a total slacker on my blog lately, and I'd better try to catch up.  I would keep my blog more up to date, but every time I try to blog, my princess needs to be fed, changed, or she wakes up from her nap. And honestly, I would rather spend time with her than blog anyway.  It will probably take a few blogging sessions to just finish this entry, but here goes.  

Daniel has this funny thing where he talks to "Daniel in the future" whenever we are making home videos.  So, this entry is for you, "Daniel in the future" so that you will remember all of the fun stuff we did this fall.

First, the boys are back in school.  See, told you I was a slacker, since I haven't even posted pics of that!  When we moved last April, Daniel started an advanced program at a nearby elementary school, and Benjamin went to the regular neighborhood school. We got tired of driving them to two different schools, and Benjamin wanted to be at the same school as Daniel.  So, we switched Benjamin to the same school as Daniel.  Daniel is really enjoying his advanced program, although it's the first time ever that school has been any sort of challenge for him.  His teacher works those kids hard!  Some of it still comes really easily for Daniel; for example, he reads his long, advanced spelling list once or twice and has the whole thing memorized.  He really likes the kids in his class.  I don't know whether Benjamin will want to be in that program when he is in fifth grade, though, because he has seen the piles of homework Daniel gets.  Here are the back to school pics:




Another fun thing this fall was Benjamin's birthday!  Benjamin starts planning his birthday at least two months in advance, so everyone is happy and somewhat relieved when it finally arrives.

In case you are wondering, his presents were mostly legos and lego themed things because that's what he likes.
K, I was going to keep writing and add in Fall Break and Halloween, but this post has taken entirely too long to write, so I'm going to move on to a new post.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please remember that this is a public blog when you write your comment.